The Economic and Resilience Programme Albania (ERRA) implemented by UNDP Albania is inviting consultants and technical experts to express their interest in participating in “Supplier Development Methodology” International Training Course.
UNDP through the Economic Recovery and Resilience Programme intends to stimulate the Albanian Economy through competitiveness of micro, small, and medium-sized (MSME´s) enterprises, support of Albanian Institution with innovative and effective tools, and employment. The overall objective of the project is to increase competitiveness and resilience of MSMEs in Albania. The project is developed based on the Albania earthquake Post Disaster Needs Assessment (PDNA) recommendations, and it is also in line with promoting the implementation of “UN Albania Covid-19 Socio- Economic Recovery & Response Plan”. The above objective will be attained through working with the private sector and coordinating and cooperating with public institutions to implement two tested methodologies (In Motion and Supplier Development Programme) that boost MSMEs. One key ingredient of the project will be the support of the recently laid off workers with reskilling and upskilling to match with the rethinking of the activities and especially the ways of delivering the products and services of the private sector. In addition, the project will provide the support and the necessary measures for the development of an online platform that incorporates transparency, business analysis and promotion, and growing opportunities for businesses.
The Supplier Development Methodology
The Supplier Development Programme (SDP) is a methodology of productive chains with business and social approach based on the demand for inclusive value chain, which helps build and improve business relationships between the client companies and its suppliers. SDP has been created by UNDP and successfully implemented in more than 12 countries across 15 years, in basic and advanced industrial sectors, from small companies to well-known brands. Private companies and associations have trusted and worked successfully with SDP, for example, transnationals such as Nike, Nestlé, Bombardier, Zara as well as small and medium-sized companies in sectors such as food, apparel, footwear, tourism, automotive, agriculture, etc., in these value chain have worked hand in hand with thousands of companies supplying their value chains.
In the future, this training will be offered at a cost which will have to be covered by the different consultants and experts who wish to undertake and who fulfill the required criteria below. This being said, since this is the first call for expression and training, UNDP will cover the associated costs.
Required skills and experience
To be part of this program, candidates must demonstrate the following:
University degree in management, engineering, economics, or agriculture economy. A Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- At least 5 years of verifiable work experience in private sector, and preferably 2 years as a consultant.
- Applicants must pass a basic knowledge exam in the areas of finance, micro-economic concepts, competitiveness strategies, productivity, market, quality, administration, operations, trade, and supply.
- Ability to interact positively with personnel of different levels in organizations.
- Full participation throughout all the training programme is expected.
- Full working knowledge of English and Albanian is essential.
- Advanced digital skills.
Registration and Selection Process
· The candidates must complete their resumes (personal information, education, experience and accomplishments) to the following platform: http://bit.ly/Sign-upplatform by June 6th, 2021. Applications sent after this date will not be considered.
· The selection process to participate in the training will be done in 3 steps:
1. Evaluation of the completed profiles of the applicants in the platform.
2. The candidates with a completed profile will be invited to take a knowledge test in the areas of accounting-finance, marketing, productivity, quality, and consulting skills.
3. The candidates with a test score above 70% shall be invited to participate in a virtual interview.
- The evaluation of the applicants will be done by a selection committee, composed by an international expert on the Supplier Development Methodology, ERRA Programme Team and UNDP international staff.
- The training will last 10 days over a period of 5 months, starting in end of June 2021. At the end of the training, participants must also pass a final exam.
- Full participation is required to qualify for the final exam which consultants will be asked to take.
Those who pass successfully the exam will be included in the “Supplier Development Programme” Roster of Consultants. UNDP will utilize this roster to hire the consultants needed for the implementation of its programme on a need basis and depending on the availability of funds. For the first phase of the programme it is expected that up to 4 consultants will be required.
Objectives and Characteristics of the Training Course
The objective of the training course is to enable the Albanian consultants and technical experts to successfully apply the Supplier Development Methodology in approved value chains in Albanian context.
The methodology is based on the international standards of general competences of labor for consultant, so that the participants will be able to reinforce the structure of their current service provision by aligning their knowledge to these processes.
Methodology: The delivery of training shall be done through a blended methodology combining face-to-face and online training in a Moodle environment.
Duration: The training course will take place over a period of 5 months with four (4) training sessions planned (two days and a half for each session) from Thursday to Saturday, under the guidance of an international UNDP team. The main objective of these sessions will be to strengthen the capacities of the participating consultants through previous field experiences, real situations and experiences from other countries.
In addition, in between the training sessions, the lead instructor will maintain communication with the participants and will set up virtual meetings on specific dates and times for tutorials on the application of the methodological tools. Through these virtual sessions, technical support will be given to participants to clarify doubts about the application of the tools.
Pilot company: In addition to the use of the information contained in the manual and tools of the methodology and the interaction and advice with the leading instructor, participants must have access to a company that allows the application of the Supplier Development Methodology in its different stages. The main objective is to carry out a practical case of application, necessary to pass the corresponding learning units in a period not longer than 5 months.
UNDP focal Point:
Economic Recovery and Resilience in Albania