- UNDP around the world
Many of UNDP's relationships with countries and territories on the ground exceed 60 years. Find details on our successes and ongoing work. Visit UNDP's global website.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Congo (Dem. Republic of)
- Congo (Republic of)
- Costa Rica
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Denmark (Rep. Office)
- Dominican Republic
- E.U. (Rep. Office)
- El Salvador
- Equatorial Guinea
- Finland (Rep. Office)
- Geneva (Rep. Office)
- Iraq (Republic of)
- Kosovo (as per UNSCR 1244)
- Lao PDR
- Mauritius & Seychelles
- Norway (Rep. Office)
- Papua New Guinea
- Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People
- Russian Federation
- Samoa (Multi-country Office)
- São Tomé and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- Sweden (Rep. Office)
- The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Tokyo (Rep. Office)
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- Research & Publications
- News Centre
Showing 21 - 40 of 72
07 Mar 2014
This year’s International Women’s Day theme – Equality for Women is Progress for All – states a simple truth. No country will reach its full potential if its female citizens do not enjoy full equality.
24 Feb 2014
In the frame of the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) component of the “Local Level Responses to the Youth Employment Challenge”, training on Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) standards and procedures was conducted by CSR leading Albanian companies
15 Feb 2014
A new kindergarten and school library in Novosela to increase access to vital early childhood education
A kindergarten was inaugurated in Novosele, Vlore today in the presence of local government authorities, representatives of European Union Delegation in Albania, UNDP and community members.
05 Feb 2014
The Association of Young Stage Artists staged the theatrical show "When Words Are Missing", which aims to convey the message that not only women and girls but also boys and men must stand up against violence against women. Over 160 high school students attended the performance at the Puppet Theater hall in Tirana.
30 Jan 2014
One hundred innovative ideas for entrepreneurship were presented today in Berat to an audience of Roma and Egyptian youth and other job seekers in the region. The one hundred entrepreneurship ventures offer creative and nontraditional ways of self-employment.
22 Jan 2014
The governments of Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States are pleased to be supporting directly the Albanian government’s administrative territorial reform effort.
21 Dec 2013
As of today, the Community members of Rrapishta have their community center. Around two hundred fifty families can make use of the services offered by the center. The center has a kindergarten and it will also provide other social services such as, counseling and information about health, human rights, legal advice.
17 Dec 2013
Twelve finalists of “pitched today their business plans to a Dragon’s Den-style panel leading businessmen and expert judges. The 5 awards issued came with a prize package of EUR 3,000 – 3,500 each, to help youth launch or further grow their business.
12 Dec 2013
A town hall meeting brought together university students, women and girls and other representatives of civil society in Albania to talk about their role in tackling corruption.
10 Dec 2013
The annual 16 days of activism against gender based violence campaign—from 25 November to 10 December 2013—calls for the elimination of all forms of violence against women and invites the Albanian society and international community to take action against it.
09 Dec 2013
Draft National Anti-Corruption strategy: Multidimensional actions needed against the scourge of corruption.
Cabinet ministers, representatives of international organizations, civil society, academia, media and many others got together on December 9th- Anti Corruption Day, to present the draft first National anti-Corruption Strategy for 2014-2017.
09 Dec 2013
Speech by Zineb Toumi Benjelloun during a Conference organized by the Government of Albania to present the anti corruption strategy.
06 Dec 2013
National statistics reveal increased level of domestic violence in Albania - Men and boys unite to end it
Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth, with the support of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Government of Sweden organized today the national conference “Boys and men – part of the solution. Show you are against violence!” in the framework of the 16 Days of Activism to end Violence against Women.
03 Dec 2013
Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth and United Nations Development Programme presented today the results of a two year project on Social Inclusion and Vocational Education and Training funded by Austrian Development Agency and implemented by UNDP and ILO.
02 Dec 2013
It is a real pleasure to be addressing this meeting on a subject that is very important for Albania and the United Nations. This is the final event of the two year project Addressing Social Inclusion through the Vocational Education and Training – implemented jointly by UNDP and ILO with the support of the Austrian Development Cooperation.
25 Nov 2013
Today is the International Day to end Violence against Women. Hundreds of men and boys, women and girls took to the streets of Tirana as well as Durres and Vlora to call on society to end violence against women. Dressed in orange, their appeal conveyed a strong message: Men and women shall work together to eradicate violence.
11 Nov 2013
The Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth, in cooperation with United Nations Agencies in Albania and with the support of Swiss Cooperation Office, launched today a new programme: “UN Support to Social Inclusion”.
11 Nov 2013
I will not hide my pride that my organization, the United Nations, supported by its member states, enjoys a privileged partnership with your Ministry. Your ministry is the focus of almost a third of our work in this country, ranging from our work on active labor market measures to gender equality to rights of migrants, groups at risk, returnees and children in need.
30 Oct 2013
This event very smartly highlights the link between gender equality and the principles of European integration. Thank you, Mme. Minister for taking this important initiative.
24 Oct 2013
Senior government officials, Members of Parliament, representatives of international organization, diplomatic corps, non-governmental organizations, scholars, philanthropists, business, media and citizens joined the United Nations Agencies in Albania to celebrate United Nations Day.
- Njëzet e katër specialistë nga fusha të ndryshme si drejtësia, shkencat shoqërore, ekonomia, mësuesia, administrate publike, teknologjia e informacionit, etj, ndoqën trajnimin e trajnuesve me fokus “Zbatimin e Konventes per te Drejtat e Personave me Aftesi te Kufizuar(KDPAK)- për të realizuar gjithëpërfshirjen e tyre si qytetarë shqiptarë të barabartë”. Pjesëmarrësit në seminar morën njohuri të reja mbi të drejtat e aftësisë së kufizuar si dhe shprehi për të drejtuar trajnime për zbatimin e KDPAK-së në kontekstin shqiptar. Persona me aftësi të kufizuara, familjarë të tyre dhe përfaqësues të organizatave avokuese ndanë përvojat e tyre me pjesëmarrësit në seminar, çka iu shërbeu jo vetëm për të pasuruar të mësuarit me shembuj nga jeta reale, por edhe për të forcuar lidhjen e tyre emocionale me personat me aftësi të kufizuara. Për të nxitur më shumë të menduarit, pjesë e seminarit u bë edhe konkursi i esesë me titull “Me llogaritni edhe mua!”. Seminari synoi përgatitjen e një grupi ekspertësh të fushave të ndryshme për zbatimin e KDPAK-së në fushat e tyre te ekspertizes. Seminari u organizua nga Ministria e Mireqenies Sociale dhe Rinise ne bashkepunim me UNDP, si pjesë e ngritjes së kapaciteteve vendase për përfshirjen sociale të personave me aftësi të kufizuara . Seminari u organizua ne kuder të Projektit të Mbështetjes së Kombeve të Bashkuara për Përfshirjen Sociale në Shqipëritë financuar nga Bashkëpunimi Zviceran për Zhvillim (SDC). Twenty four experts from different fields such as law, social sciences, economy, education, administration, information technology, etc., attended on 13-17 October the training of trainers workshop “Implementation of the CRPD to Realize Inclusion for People with Disabilities as Equal Albanian Citizens”. The workshop participants who had demonstrated interest in social inclusion and values of social justice gained new knowledge related to disability human rights and competencies to lead training workshops on the application of CRPD in the Albanian context. People with disabilities, family members and representatives of advocacy organizations shared their experience with the workshop participants which helped them not only to enrich the learning experience with real life examples but also to foster their emotional connection with people with disabilities. To encourage forward thinking, an essay contest, entitled “Count Me In!” (Më llogaritni edhe mua!) was part of the workshop. The main goal of this project was the preparation of a pool of experts from different fields in the implementation of the CRPD in their areas of expertise. It was organized by the UNDP as part of building national capacities for social inclusion of persons with disabilities in the framework of the UN Support to Social Inclusion in Albania Project (UNSSIA), funded by the Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC). 22 hours ago
- The Albanian Center of Excellence was inaugurated today at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This is part of the ongoing efforts of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to further increase the quality and impact of foreign policy to the interest of Albania and Albanian people. The Center of Excellence will serve as a hub for distinguished experts in area of EU integration, international relations and Albanian Foreign Policy, interested to contribute to Albania’s EU integration Agenda. The Center will work to networks Albanians and others who live in European members states The establishment of the center is supported by UNDP Monday AT 11:42 AM
- "See more posts on"Facebook